Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist (RCEP)

TITLE: Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist



Registered clinical exercise physiologists work with patients who have chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, pulmonary disease, and metabolic disorders, who can benefit from therapeutic exercise training. A RCEP holds a minimum of a master’s degree in exercise physiology, exercise or movement science or kinesiology. An RCEP must also be licensed under state law or have professional certification from a national organization, such as the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).